Tuesday, December 20, 2011

DIY Scentsy Refills

Ever wished Scentsy made your favorite scent? Well, I had a box full of old candles that were either half used or not even enough to think about lighting. Ever since I bought my Scentsy a few years ago, I haven't really used my candles much and since the candles that were stashed away in the box were Christmas scents, I decided to try an idea I saw on pinterest.com.

What You'll Need:
  1. Any candle you'd like to recycle or turn into a Scentsy scent (take off any stickers or decals. this will save your pot)
  2. A pot big enough to fit your size candle
  3. Ice cube trays
  4. A deep spoon or measuring cup (1/8 cup works perfect)
  5. Pot holders or towel to handle the hot jar
First, I chose the candles that I felt were worth saving (mainly the peppermint scented ones). Next, I boiled a pot of water and dropped in each candle, one at a time. The larger of the 2 took about 45 minutes to melt completely but I was able to start filling the ice cube trays with the measuring cup directly from the pot about 15 minutes in. Be careful not to get wax all over your stove/counter & watch your fingers!

Once all the cubes were filled, I popped the ice cube trays in the fridge so they cooled faster and after 5 minutes, my home smelled like a peppermint stick but with no soot! Each ice cube = about 2 cubes of a regular Scentsy tray. Super easy & extremely rewarding!





1 comment: